I love this flavor profile. It’s just that right now, I am so not in the mood to cook. If I had a choice to just eat a piece of cheese or some pea dip and a cucumber – I would be perfectly satisfied. The bummer is…I have others that I have to feed.
I fantasize about eating an edible at around 5pm, turning on my latest obsession, “White Lotus” and snack on whatever jumps out at me. A girl can dream…right?
Today, I picked my head up from my computer at 5:45 and I hadn’t even thought about food. With some fresh salmon in the fridge and a craving for some comfort food, I decided to whip up an easy batch of Salmon Patties.
These literally take about 8 minutes to prep and even less time to pan fry. With a batch of parmesan roasted zucchini (3 zucchini’s, kosher salt, a 1/2 teaspoon of dry oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of sumac, 1/2 teaspoon both paprika and coriander, 1/2 cup grated parmesan and some olive oil – roasted 375* for about 20 minutes) and a slice of fresh lemon – dinner was delicious.
I am going to top the leftovers with an egg over easy for lunch tomorrow. Who wants to join me?
Fresh Salmon Patties
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeno, diced
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. sumac
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/4 cup panko crumbs
1/3 cup bread crumbs
extra virgin olive oil
• put about 1/3 of the salmon and the Dijon mustard in the work bowl of your mini Cuisinart. pulse until well combined(will resemble almost like a spread). scrape into a bowl.
• dice the rest of the salmon and pulse 3-4 times so it’s chopped but still a bit chunky. add to the same bowl.
• add chives, parsley, spices and herbs, jalapeno, panko crumbs, and salt. mix well. cover and put in the fridge while you prep your zucchini.
• using a 1/4 cup ice cream scooper, form mixture into patties (I got about 7 out of the mixture).
• heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large-good skillet (I love Misen) and let heat to just smoking.
• add the patty and pan fry and saute for about 4 minutes aside.
• serve with lemon wedges.
The Urban Baker / SusanSalzman.com