• preheat oven to 350*. If using spring form pan, butter all over and line outside with foil. If using mini muffin cups, spray with cooking spray
• cream cream cheese until perfectly smooth, about 4 minutes. add sugar and beat for another 4 minutes. scrape down the bowl and add flour, vanilla and mascarpone beat until incorporated
• add eggs one at a time. Scrape down side of bowl after each egg. add the sour cream until incorporated.
• remove one cup of mixture and stir into the warm melted chocolate. mix until you no longer see white streaks. pour batter either into small mini cups or your prepared 8″ spring form pan.
• if using spring form pan, set the pan in a roasting pan and place in the center of the oven. pour hot water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the sides. bake 50-60 minutes. bake until you send a quivering wave across the cake when shaking the pan. remove pan from oven and place cake only on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
• if using mini cups. Place 1 teaspoon of crumb mixture in each muffin tin. press down to make a crust. fill muffin tins to the top. bake for 12-16 minutes, rotating pans back to front, top to bottom. Let cool to room temp.
• for both, place in fridge for at least 3 hours or over night. unmold large cake before putting in fridge. flip cake over on a cake and sprinkle bottom of cake with crumbs. press crumbs into cake. once set, re flip cake so crumbs are ultimately on the bottom.
If you have left over minis freeze your left overs for a rainy day!