• preheat oven to 350*. line two baking sheets with parchment.
• whisk together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cloves. set aside.
• using a standing mixer, cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
• add egg and blend. add, slowly, the flour mixture until well combined.
• divide dough in half and roll each piece 1/8″ thick. set on parchment paper and chill for 1 hour.
• remove dough from the fridge and cut into desired shapes. place cookies on prepared cookie sheets, 1 inch apart.
• sprinkle with coarse sugar
• chill again for 30 minutes.
• bake cookies, one sheet at a time, until firm to the touch and the lightly brown around the edges, 13-15 minutes.
• let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes
• transfer to a wire rack.
• make the ganache(recipe here
) and then fill.