I am not a huge coffee drinker. I don’t own a coffee maker and when I entertain, generally I leave the coffee making to someone else. The truth is, I do not make coffee well.
I much prefer a cup of tea. Hot in the winter time, cold all year round. When I am in a restaurant, I order my ice tea with lots of lemons. And the lemons have to be cut a particular way; in wedges. They need to be squeezeable. I get why restaurants cut their lemon in slices and use as a garnish. But, really, it’s just not practical.
I met my friend Kelly a few years back in a photo class. She started coming over once a week, I would cook her a meal, bake cookies for her to take home, we would take pictures, play with graphics programs, and talk. Her drink of choice was tea, and I would always make her a cup of green tea – no lemon. But she rarely drank it. The one day she showed up with a box of Mighty Leaf Green Tea. After one sip I understood.
I keep boxes of this stuff on hand (and when it’s on sale, I buy what’s on the shelf), and a pitcher of iced green tea is always in my fridge. A dash of simple syrup, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and I am out the door, tea in hand.
A while back, Might Leaf contacted me and offered to send me some of their Iced Tea Mixers. I was thrilled. I tried all of the teas. Although I liked them ( I am a self proclaimed creature of habit), I preferred my Green Tea Tropical. But, that did not stop me from making blends with the iced tea packets. I made a Ginger Peach Lemonade, and a Pomegranate Berry Tea Blend. Both delish. Yet, my favorite to date is the Sangria I made using the Calypso Mango Iced Tea. It was a crowd pleaser and with the holidays around the corner this is a great cocktail alternative to the hard core stuff.
So, you want to try some of these teas. The folks over at Mighty Leaf Tea are going to send one of my readers an Iced Tea Brew Kit and a Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher (a $60 value). You have until Sunday, November 13th, 12 midnight PST to enter this giveaway. Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
How to Enter
You can enter multiple times by leaving a separate comment for each of the following steps listed below:
• tell me what your favorite beverage is, hot or cold.
• go to Mighty Leaf’s Facebook Page and like them.
• go to The Urban Baker’s facebook page and like me.
• tweet about this giveaway. make up one of your own or tweet this sample message: pls RT @theurbanbaker has a@Mightyleaf #giveaway. Iced Tea Brew Kit + Bodum Iced Tea Pitcher: http://is.gd/a9u9Qf
• follow @therubanbaker on Twitter
• follow Mightly Leaf Tea on Twitter
• sign up for my RSS feeds and receive my blog posts each week
• Stumble this post and follow me (and see who I follow) @theurbanbaker on StumbleUpon.
* The Mighty Leaf Tea Company sent me their tea to try and is providing the prizes for this giveaway.
Calypso Mango Sangria
1 Calypso Mango Tea Pouches™
1/2 lemon, quartered
1/2 juice orange, quartered
1/2 lime, quartered
1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
10 fresh raspberries
1/2 cup simple syrup
2 cups Rosé wine
fresh mint leaves for garnish
• make the simple syrup and let cool.
• steep the tea bag in 36 oz of boiling water. after 10 minutes, remove the tea bag.
• cut the citrus in half and then quarter one of the halves. squeeze the juice into a pitcher and then cut the rind into strips. throw the strips of rind into the pitcher.
• add the simple syrup.
• add the cooled tea, apples, raspberries, and wine. chill for a couple of hours.
• serve in glasses, spoon some fruit into the glasses, and garnish with mint leaves.
The Urban Baker / SusanSalzman.com