It has been a busy week. Getting dinner on the table has been somewhat of a challenge. I literally had about 30 minutes each night this week to throw dinner together. Last night I made Gaby’s (What’s Gaby Cooking ) Asparagus, Gruyere and Parmesan Tart along with a big salad and some boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I pounded thin and marinated in citrus juice, olive oil and s + p.
So simple, so delicious. When Isaac came to the table, he said, “yum, asparagus pizza”! I think there are going to be more puff pastry savory creations in our future
This is also really, really good cold
Gaby’s Asparagus, Gruyere + Parmesan Tart
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed in the fridge
1/2 cup Gruyere, shredded
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 bundle of skinny asparagus
2 Tbsp. olive oil
• preheat oven according to directions on box of puff pastry
• once puff pastry is thawed, sprinkle half of the cheeses onto the puff pastry.
• line asparagus on top of the cheese, scatter rest of cheese over asparagus.
• drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with S + P.
• bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until pastry dough has puffed and the asparagus
is roasted and cooked through.
The Urban Baker / SusanSalzman.com